DIY Natural Beeswax Furniture Polish
Give your furniture the best care with a natural beeswax wood polish. This traditional recipe uses just four ingredients, and perfumes your home with a lovely chemical-free aroma. It’s so easy to make and a great way to increase your use of natural products.
- 150 grams AB's Natural Raw Beeswax
- 3 cups Olive Oil
- 30 drops Anti-oxidant eg. Grapeseed Extract or Vitamin E
- 10 drops Lavender Essential Oil optional
- Place both the Natural Raw Beeswax and the olive oil into a double boiler.
- Warm over medium heat until the beeswax is melted, stirring occasionally with a metal spoon. Be careful to not let the hot water splash into your bowl.
- Add the anti-oxidant and essential oil (if using) and stir well.
- Pour the hot mixture into clean and dry wide-mouth containers.
- Allow to cool for at least two hours into a semi-hard balm consistency.
- To use, just scoop out and use with a cloth on wooden surfaces. You can wipe excess polish off immediately or leave it on for a couple of hours to allow the oils to permeate the wood. Buff it to a sheen afterwards.
Enjoy your 100% natural and toxin-free polish