Ricotta Hotcakes with AB's Honey Glazed Bacon
Enjoy these light and fluffy hotcakes for breakfast or brunch
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 250 gm fresh ricotta
- 150 ml milk
- 125 gm plain flour
- large pinch of sea salt
- 2 eggs large, separated
- 8-12 rashers streaky bacon for serving
- 2 tbsp AB's Ironbark Honey
- Mix together ricotta and milk. Stir in the flour and salt. Add the egg yolks into the ricotta mixture. Whisk the egg whites until stiff then gently fold into the ricotta (this makes them light and fluffy). Set aside until ready to cook.
- Heat some butter in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Dollop large tablespoonfuls of the batter into the pan. Allow the hotcakes to find their own form as they cook.
- Cook for 2 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface, then turn carefully using a spatula and cook for 1-2 minutes or until golden. Repeat with the remaining butter and batter.
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan, over medium heat, cook the bacon on both sides until brown. Spoon over the AB's Ironbark Honey, turning bacon to coat. Cook for 30 secs to a minute until browned. Remove from pan.
- Divide the hotcakes and bacon; serve with an extra drizzle of AB's Ironbark Honey.
Download Recipe Card Recipe: Spoonfuls of Honey, Hatte Ellis 2014