Smoky Honey Roasted Almonds with AB's Honey
Looking for something different for your cheese board, or a snack to enjoy with a Sunday cocktail? Look no further - these almonds add something special.
Prep Time 2 minutes
Cook Time 12 minutes
- 100 gm whole blanched almonds
- 1/2 tspn smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 tspn olive oil
- 2 tbsp AB's Ironbark Honey order below
- 1 tspn sea salt flakes
- 1/2 tspn chilli flakes, optional
- Preheat the oven to 160C. Put the nuts on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and cook for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle paprika over the nuts, pour over the oil and spoon over the AB's Honey. Stir around to mix the nuts with the honey, oil, and paprika.
- Put the nuts back in the oven and cook for another 2 minutes, until lightly browned, taking care they do not burn.
- Leave nuts to cool for a few minutes, then sprinkle with salt.
- Using two forks or spoons stir the nuts around in the honey mixture. Spread the nuts out so they aren't touching each other and leave to cool completely; stirring once or twice as they cool.
- Serve with drinks before dinner or on a cheese board. Sprinkle with chilli flakes just before serving (if using)
Download Recipe Card Recipe: Spoonfuls of Honey, Hattie Ellis 2014