Lavender Honey Lemonade
Enjoy this refreshing lemonade on a summer's day to refresh and quench your thirst.
- 3 tbsp AB's Honey; try with Rainforest or Yellowbox
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 5 heads unsprayed lavender
- 6 unwaxed lemons
- lemon slices and ice cubes to serve
- Boil 1.2 litres of water. Put the sugar and honey in a large bowl. Scrunch the lavender florets and add to the bowl. Scrape a fork all over the lemons to start to release their oils, place in the bowl.
- Pour the just-boiled water over the lavender & lemon mix. Stir briefly, then leave for 15 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the lemons. Scratch them again all over with a fork and return to the water.
- Taste the liquid to decide if there is enough lavender flavour. If so, remove the flowers. Leave lemons for another 15 mins to release their oils.
- Remove the lemons, cut in half and juice; pour the juice into the bowl and discard the peel. Remove all the lavender. Strain liquid into a jug and chill.
- Once chilled, taste and adjust flavour with more honey or lemon as needed. Serve in small glasses with ice and a fresh slice of lemon.