One Pot AB's Honey BBQ Beef Brisket
Melt-in-the-mouth sweet honey barbecue brisket served with tenders and steamed vegies is a meal the whole family are sure to love.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 - 3 kg piece beef brisket
- 2 2/3 cups beef stock
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 410 grams canned tomato puree
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tbsp Honey AB's Ironbark
- 2 tbsp treacle or golden syrup
- 3 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 600 grams baby potatoes
- 1 bunch dutch carrots trimmed and scrubbed clean
- 100 grams green beans trimmed
- fresh thyme sprigs to garnish
- Preheat oven to 160°C fan-forced. This will be a slow cook.
- Heat oil in a large, heavy-based flameproof casserole dish over medium-high heat. Season beef with salt and pepper, and allow to come to room temperature. Add to ovenproof dish (or cast iron pot if cooking outside on the fire). Cook for 5 minutes each side or until browned.
- Combine stock, sugar, tomato puree, sauce, mustard, AB's Ironbark honey, treacle, onion powder, dried thyme and garlic in a large jug. Add stock mixture to pot. Cover. Bring to a simmer. Transfer to oven or outdoors cooking fire. Bake for 3 hours, turning beef halfway through cooking.
- Turn beef again. Arrange potatoes and carrots around beef in dish. Bake, covered, for a further 1 hour or until beef and vegetables are tender.
- Add beans to dish. Cook for 10 minutes or until beans are just tender. Serve sprinkled with thyme sprigs.