AB's Honey ANZAC Biscuits
Enjoy our take on the traditional ANZAC biscuit. These biscuits are easy to make and use honey instead of sugar for a delicious flavour.
- 125 gm unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup AB's Yellow Box Honey
- pinch sea salt
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tbsp boiling water
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup plain flour
- Preheat oven to 150ºC. Line baking trays with baking paper.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the butter and honey, stirring until the mixture starts to bubble. Add a pinch of salt.
- Mix bicarbonate of soda with boiling water and add to butter mixture.
- Mix remaining dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Pour melted butter mixture into dry ingredients and mix well.
- Roll 1 teaspoon of mixture into a ball and place on a tray. Repeat with remaining mixture, allowing room for spreading.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool on trays before transferring to a wire rack. Store in airtight container.