Balsamic Salad Dressing with Manuka Honey
Balsamic vinegar and honey (along with a bit of mustard)pack a lot of flavor in this sweet-yet-tangy salad dressing. If you've never made dressing before, you will be delighted with just how easy it is and just how much you like being able to control exactly what and how much goes into your salad. Feel free to adjust all the seasonings to your taste and use this recipe as more of a guideline towards deliciousness.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 tsp Manuka Honey
- 1 shallot
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the oil, vinegar, mustard, and honey.
- Peel and mince the garlic. Add it to the dressing and whisk together.
- Add the salt and pepper and whisk.
- Let the dressing sit 5 to 10 minutes for the flavours to blend.
- You can add more salt and/or pepper to taste.
- You can adjust the amount of honey to make it sweeter