Honey Pickled Onions
These spiced malt vinegar and honey pickled onions are deliciously crunchy and ready to eat after just two days.
- 1 kg small pickling onions, peeled
- 3 cups spiced malt vinegar
- 1 cup AB's Ironbark Honey, or your favourite AB's raw Australian table honey
- Pack the peeled onions into a sterilised 2 litre glass jar.
- Put the vinegar and honey into a non-aluminium saucepan and bring gently to the boil, stirring until the honey has melted.
- Pour the vinegar and honey over the onions. Make sure the onions are completely covered and top up with extra vinegar if needed.
- Seal the jar securely with a non-metallic vinegar-proof lid.
- Your onions will be ready to enjoy in 2-3 days.