Super Simple Honeycomb
Making your own honeycomb requires care and attention, but the resulting bubbly crunchy toffee is TOTALLY worth it
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 tbsp honey AB's Brisbane Locale
- 1 1/2 teas baking soda
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place a saucepan on the heat with the sugar and honey and let the mixture melt then turn gooey.
- Turn up the heat to medium and let the it simmer until the color of maple syrup (about 3 to 4 minutes) Take care not to overcook.
- Turn off the heat, and get prepared with your whisk and spatula because the next step happens really fast.
- Whisk in the bicarbonate of soda fast and stand back and watch the syrup turn into a thick foam.
- Quickly stop whisking and use your spatula to pour this immediately onto your pre-lined baking tray
- Leave until set cold and then break it up into shards.
Tip: If you live in a humid climate, the honeycomb might get sticky and melt slightly. It likes dry air. If this happens, store them in the freezer and they will come out great! Cleaning tip: To wash your pot fill it with hot water and let it sit and it will melt away. Download Recipe Card