AB's Honey Caramel Apples
This super-simple recipe for crisp honey caramel apples is sure to be a hit at any birthday or Halloween party!Red or green apples can be used, and you can decorate to suit your theme. Try decorating with chopped nuts, crushed hard candy, jelly lollies, drizzles of icing or melted chocolate, or the cake decorations found in the baking ailse of your local supermarket.
- Sugar thermometer
- 6 wooden popsicle sticks or skewers
- 6 chilled apples
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup your favourite AB's raw Australian table honey (our favourites for this recipe are Rainforest and Macadamia!)
- decorations of your choice
- Combine the whipping cream and honey in a large saucepan over a medium heat.
- Bring the mixture to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for around 30 minutes until a sugar thermometer shows the mixture has reached 260 °C.
- Remove from heat and allow to thicken, stirring occasionally, for 6-7 minutes.
- Dip the apples into the caramel mixture and roll to coat. If the caramel is a little thin, allow to cool for an extra minute or so, and double-coat your apples.
- Press or roll into the decorations of your choice.
- Stand on a tray lined with waxed paper and refrigerate until the caramel has set.