AB's Curried Honey Sweet Potato Soup
The natural sweetness of sweet potatoes is complemented by roasting them with honey
- 1 Baking Tray
- 1 kg sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 2-3 cm chunks
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp tandoori curry powder
- 2 tbsp Tea Tree honey
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 piece fresh ginger finely chopped
- 1 chilli seeded, finely chopped
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 0.25 cup coconut milk
- 4 tbsp thick plain yoghurt
- 1 tsp chilli powder optional
- black pepper freshly ground
- 2 tsp Ironbark honey
- Preheat oven to. 180 degrees. Place a lined baking tray in the middle of the oven to heat.
- In a large bowl, toss the sweet potatoes with 2 tablespoons of oil, curry powder, garlic, ginger and chilli and honey. Stir to coat the pieces.
- Spread the sweet potatoes on the baking tray and bake for 15 minutes. Turn once. Cook until soft then cool.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, add onion and cook over low heat until soft and translucent.
- Transfer the cooked onion, sweet potatoes (and any sticky contents from the baking sheet) into a food processor and add half the stock. Process until well combined.
- Add remaining stock and coconut milk and process before adding to saucepan. Gently heat soup.
- Serve in warmed bowls and top each bowl with a tablespoon of yoghurt, pinch of chilli powder and drizzle with Ironbark honey.