Sore Throat Tea
Like our Honey Lemon Ginger Tea, this soothing drink can help ease a sore throat and relieve the symptoms of minor seasonal colds and flus and Covid-19 symptoms. The combined ingredients can act as a natural decongestant and expectorant, and provide relief for painful sore throats. Make a jar of this sore throat concentrate, to have on hand. Because nobody wants to be messing around in the kitchen when they've got a cold or flu!The secret ingredient in this sore throat tea recipe is Manuka Honey. The unique anti-microbial properties of Manuka Honey, when swallowed, can aid in slowing secondary bacterial infections in your throat. Manuka Honey is also a proven anti-inflammatory with "coating" properties to ease the pain of a sore throat. We recommend our Manuka with 100+ MGO content in tea, multiple times daily throughout your cold, flu or Covid-19 infection.
- 1 storage jar with lid
- 2 lemons, thoroughly cleaned and sliced
- 2 pieces fresh ginger, finger sized, sliced
- 1 cup Manuka Honey MGO 100+ (or your preferred honey)
- Combine lemon and ginger slices in a jar.
- Pour honey slowly over the lemon and ginger allowing time for the honey to sink into all the spaces and completely cover the fruit.
- Screw the jar lid on tightly and refrigerate until needed. The mixture will form a jelly.
- Add a spoonful of the jelly to a mug, pour on boiling water, stir and serve as required.
A teaspoon of ground cinnamon or nutmeg can also be added to the jar before pouring in the honey if preferred.