Honey Soy Glazed Salmon with Honey Mustard Greens
The beautiful combination of salmon and honey soy makes this recipe a crowd pleasing weekday dinner that would also impress at a dinner party.
Honey Soy Glazed Salmon
- 4 Fresh Boneless Salmon Fillets approx. 150g each
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp ginger minced
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup AB's Rainforest Honey
Honey Mustard Greens
- 2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tbsp
Ab’s Manuka Honey
- 2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Pinch Salt
- Pinch Black pepper
- 12 asparagus trimmed
- 8-12 Broccolini stalks
- One Handful Green Beans
- Mix all ingredients into a bowl or ziplock bag
- Place salmon in with ingredients
- Let the salmon marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes
- Whilst the Salmon is marinating you can get onto this awesome dressing. Simply throw all the ingredients into a clean jar (we use an old vegemite jar) and shake.
- Bring a saucepan of well salted water to the boil
- In a medium pan, heat oil over a medium- high heat, the soy sauce and honey in this can burn easily at high temperature so be careful
- Add salmon to the pan, leaving the marinade in the bag.
- Cook salmon on one side for about 2-3 minutes, then flip over and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes or until cooked to your liking
- At the same time, blanch all your greens in the boiling water for 2 -3 minutes.
- Throw the greens into a bowl, toss through the Honey Mustard Dressing and plate up.
- Remove salmon from pan and place on the plated greens to rest.
- Pour marinade into the frying pan and reduce for a minute or two.
- Drizzle the marinade reduction over each piece of salmon
- Serve with a smile.
Our Test Kitchen chef worked this recipe out whilst trying to appease a 14 year old’s palate as she suddenly declared she was, “like vegetarian, but, like, I’ll still eat fish and whatever as long as it’s like, heaps nice. And like the salad and stuff needs to be super yummy too, I don’t want to just have steamed veggies all day” Not wanting to stifle a healthy life choice, and a budding chef, the search was on for at least weeks’ worth of pescatarian friendly, nutritious meals. Thankfully this combo was a winner straight out of the blocks. The best part for the cook is you can pretty much prep this in 10 minutes, cook it in about another 10 and still have a wine in between with wash up consisting of the plates you eat off, some cutlery, a pan a saucepan and a bowl. The honey mustard recipe is also so versatile, whilst the measurements below are specific for this recipe, you can make as much or as little as you want, the ratio is dead simple, we just think “twenty one, twenty one” or 2:1:2:1., obviously adjusting the salt and pepper according to the volume you’re making. We always make our dressing with Ab’s Manuka honey to take advantage of its medicinal Benefits but you can use any of our amazing table honeys. This recipe truly is a weekday throw together that you could easily plate up and impress at a dinner party. Download Recipe Card
Recipe Ingredient – Rainforest Honey & Manuka Honey
MANUKA HONEY MGO 30+ Direct from Australian BeekeepersFrom $7.00