Honey Glazed Ham
Everyone loves a honey glazed ham for Christmas! Make your ham extra special with our honey mustard glaze. For something a little different, try this glaze on chicken wings cooked in a slow oven.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 10 cloves garlic, peeled
- ¼ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- ¼ cup stone-ground mustard
- 1 cup orange juice
- 10 whole cloves
- 4-5 kg Cured Ham
- ½ cup AB's Honey Ironbark Honey
- ½ cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- Add the chopped onion, garlic cloves, apple cider vinegar, mustard, orange juice, and cloves to a large roasting pan. Stir to combine.
- Using a roasting rack, place the cured ham in pan, over the liquid.
- Trim off outer skin of ham and score remaining fat in a crosshatch pattern.
- Cover the entire roasting rack with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove roasting pan from the oven and remove the foil.
- Baste the ham with the liquid, then remove the rack from the roasting pan and set ham aside.
- Remove all the cloves from the liquid in the pan.
- Pour liquid into a pot, adding the Ironbark Honey, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and brown sugar. Whisk to combine.
- Bring the liquid mixture to a boil over medium to high heat; simmer until thick and reduced, about 10 minutes.
- Return ham to roasting pan on roasting rack.
- Brush all of the glaze over the ham ensuring completely covered.
- Bake the ham for 30-45 minutes, or until the glaze is caramelised.
- Remove from oven, slice and serve.
This glaze is also great with Chicken Drumsticks and Wings. Cook chicken pieces for 30 mins, before removing from oven and cooking glaze. Return to oven, reducing temperature to 170oC. Cook for 45 min to 1 hour, or until meat falling off the bone.