Santa's Christmas Cookies
Kids will love making these Ginger in Honey Christmas Cookies for Santa, and we hear they’re reindeer friendly too! Give Rudolph a break from the carrots and leave a few of these out for him instead.
- 200 grams butter
at room temperature
- ½ cup icing sugar mixture
- ⅓ cup AB's Ginger in Honey
- 2 cups plain flour sifted
- ¼ cup self-raising flour sifted
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp milk
- Line baking trays with baking paper. Using an electric mixer, beat butter and icing sugar mixture in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add AB's Ginger in Honey. Beat until well combined.
- Place flours, cinnamon and milk in a bowl. Add butter mixture. Mix until dough begins to form. Turn onto a well-floured surface. Knead gently until smooth. Divide dough in half and wrap each portion in plastic wrap. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Using a well-floured rolling pin, roll one portion of dough out on a well-floured surface until 5mm-thick.
- Cut out biscuits using Christmas cookie cutters. Place on prepared trays. Bake, rotating trays halfway through cooking, for 10 to 12 minutes or until crisp and golden. Cool on the tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Lightly dust with icing sugar, or decorate as preferred.
- Serve to the family or to Santa and his team!
The dough can be a little sticky. If it is hard to manage, pop it back into the fridge or freezer for 10 minutes to firm up before you roll it, and add some extra flour to your work surface.