AB’S HONEY AND CINNAMON BREAD
AB’s Honey and Cinnamon is totally natural with a delicately spiced scent and the underlying Manuka flavour. This family favourite is treasured by true honey lovers seeking only the highest quality pure and natural Australian honey.AB’s Honey and Cinnamon Bread is moist, sweet, and perfect toasted for breakfast. It is low in sugar and fat making it the perfect snack, breakfast, or afternoon tea.
- ⅔ cup warm water
- 3 tbsp AB’s Honey and Cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups dry yeast
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp Apple Cider Vinegar (or AB's Apple Cider Vinegar With Honey!)
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- 1 ½ cups plain flour
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Prepare yeast by combining with the warm water and 1 tbsp AB's Honey and Cinnamon in a stand-mixer bowl. Cover with a clean tea towel for 5 minutes.
- Add the egg, canola oil, vinegar, salt, and flours to the mixer. Combine with the spatula briefly until dough forms.
- Put in the dough in a large greased bowl.
- Place a clean tea towel or plastic wrap over the bowl, and let the dough proof in a warm place for 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
- Once ready, place the dough on a greased surface and roll out to 25cm wide x 30cm long.
- Spread the remaining honey and ground cinnamon on top of the rolled-out dough, leaving a small border on the outside. Roll it up width wise. Seal edges.
- Place the dough into a greased baking tin and cover with a tea towel or plastic wrap. Let it proof again for 45 minutes, or until it rises above the sides.
- Preheat the oven to 175° Celsius.
- Bake the loaf in the preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until the top is golden.
- Let the bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes, before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.