AB’S HONEY AND CINNAMON BREAD
AB’s Honey and Cinnamon is totally natural with a delicately spiced scent and the underlying Manuka flavour. This family favourite is treasured by true honey lovers seeking only the highest quality pure and natural Australian honey. AB’s Honey and Cinnamon Bread is moist, sweet, and perfect toasted for breakfast. It is low in sugar and fat making it the perfect snack, breakfast, or afternoon tea.
- 2/3 Cup warm water
- 3 tbsp AB’s Honey and Cinnamon plus extra for glazing
- 1 1/2 cups dry yeast
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp tsp ground cinnamon
- Prepare the yeast by combining the warm water, 1 tbsp honey, and yeast in stand mixer bowl. Cover with a clean kitchen towel for 5 minutes.
- Add the egg, canola oil, vinegar, salt, and flours to the mixer. Combine with a spatula briefly.
- Grease a large bowl and put in the dough.
- Place a clean kitchen towel or plastic wrap over the bowl, and let it proof for 1 hour in a warm place, or until doubled in size.
- Once ready, place the dough on a greased surface and roll out to 25cm wide x 30cm long.
- Pour the remaining honey and ground cinnamon on top of the rolled-out dough and spread evenly. Leaving a small border of dough on the outside, roll it up width wise. Seal together.
- Place the dough into a greased baking tin and cover with a kitchen towel or plastic wrap. Let it proof again for 45 minutes, or until it rises above the sides.
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Bake the loaf in the preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until the top is golden.
- Let the bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes, before removing to a wire rack to cool.