AB's Honey Mulled Wine
Combine the rich flavours of red wine, oranges, honey, and spices in this recipe for honey mulled wine. It's perfect to enjoy at Christimas or on a cold winter evening for Christmas in July.
- 750 ml bottle of robust red wine, such as Pinot Noir or Zinfandel
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup honey - we suggest AB's Ironbark or Yellowbox
- 15 black peppercorns
- 1/2 orange, sliced
- 3 inches cinnamon stick for the wine
- Thin peels of orange or lemon zest for serving
- cinnamon sticks for (optional)
- Thin peels of orange or lemon zest
- Place wine, water, cinnamon stick, peppercorns, and honey into a saucepan (see
- Heat until steamy and lightly simmering. Do not boil!
- Strain into glass mugs, or heat proof carafe
- Serve with a thin strip of lemon zest and a bit of cinnamon stick.
Note: If you prefer more spice, add additional fruit and spices such as cardamom and cloves to the wine as you cook; add to taste.