AB's Honey Baked Apple Pie
There is nothing like hot apple pie. This recipe elevates the traditional apple pie with the sweetness of AB's Honey
Prep Time 1 hour
Cook Time 40 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tpsn sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 medium apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tspn cinnamon
- 2 tbspn brown sugar
- 2 tbspn AB's Yellowbox Honey order below
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Place the flour, margarine and the sugar in a food processor and pulse until it is a fine powder.
- Put the mixture in a bowl with the water, and knead until the mixture is compact. Shape the pastry mixture into a square, then refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, remove the pastry from the refrigerator, place it onto a table and roll it out with a pin.
- Line a 24cm pie pan with the pastry mixture, pricking the bottom with a fork. Preheat the oven to 180ºC
- Place the apple slices into a bowl, and drizzle with the lemon juice so as to not oxidize them. Spread one tablespoon of AB's Honey, one tablespoon of cinnamon and three tablespoons of sugar over the apples.
- Mix it all together, then pour it into the pastry base. Put the rest of the honey and cinnamon on the top of the pie.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Leave the apple pie to cool.
- Serve warm or cold with ice cream, and a dollop of cream.