AB's Honey Baked Apple Pie
There is nothing like hot apple pie, homemade and fresh from the oven. This recipe elevates the traditional apple pie with the sweetness of AB's Honey.
- 180 gram plain flour
- 1 tsp sugar
- 60g gram cold butter
- ¼ cup water
- 3 medium apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp AB's Yellow Box Honey order below
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- Place flour, butter and sugar in a food processor and pulse until fine, or, place in a bowl and rub with fingertips until crumbed.
- Combine flour mixture and water in a bowl and knead until pastry formed. Shape into a ball, and refrigerate in plastic for 45 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC
- Remove the pastry from the refrigerator, place it onto a table and roll it out with a rolling pin to around 5mm thick.
- Line a 24cm pie pan with the pastry mixture and prick the bottom with a fork.
- Place the apple slices into a bowl and drizzle with lemon juice, one tbsp of AB's Honey, one tbsp of cinnamon, and three tbsp sugar.
- Mix it all together, and pour into the pastry base. Pour remaining honey and cinnamon on top of the pie.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold with custard, ice cream, or a dollop of cream.