AB's Honey Glazed Baked Corned Beef
This delicious slow cooked main course is perfect served warm on a cold winter's day, or cold with salad in summer. Made with 100% pure raw Australian Rainforest Honey from AB's Honey.
- 1 large piece of corned silverside
- 1 tbsp mixed spice
- 1 large stick of celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- few whole cloves
- ⅓ cup
AB's Rainforest Honey
- 1 tbsp mustard
- ½ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup water
- Wash the corned beef and place in a large boiler or slow cooker. Cover with cold water.
- Add spice, celery, onion, and carrot.
- Bring to the boil, cover, and simmer for about 3 hours or until tender.
- Cool the beef in the broth.
- Drain and reserve the broth - you can use it to make soup later!
- Place the meat in a shallow baking dish, Score the fat layer and stud with cloves.
- Mix the honey and mustard together and pat it onto the top and sides of the beef.
- Pour orange juice and water into the baking dish.
- Bake the meat in a slow oven (150-160C) for 45 minutes, basting frequently with the juices in the pan.
- Add more honey to the meat after 30 mins.
- Serve hot with vegetables or cold with salad.